Saturday, November 27, 2010

NOTD Second franken!

Chocolate copper frost nail polish frankening

So finally I've had the chance to test drive my eyeshadow franken. I took clear polish, glitter eyeshadow, and a tiny bit of colored polish and mixed 'em all together to create this monster.

I tried out my first one, sort of - it became the golden french tips for my hot red nails. Not exactly a full swatch, but I'm not sure I could handle gold nails anyway...
Nail polish franken creation brown eyeshadow pigment manicure

In the bottle, this polish looks chocolate brown. The first coat went on sheer, shimmery, streaky and maroon.

By the second coat though, the polish became perfectly opaque - no VNL here - and the shimmer is beautiful. It's just about the color of milk chocolate, shot with gold sparkles.

There's a little bit of a frost effect going on, and if I really stare at it I can see the brushstrokes. I think one coat would be good for layering over other stuff, and it really changes completely with the second coat. The first coat was definitely much redder than the finished product.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...