Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Barry M Dusky Mauve + funky french

I did another funky french - these are the best solution for tipwear ever, I swear. They look fun, they're simple, and they extend my mani another few days.

Dupe for chanel Paradoxal Barry M 313 polish Dusky Mauve purple
A few days ago I tried on Barry M Dusky Mauve, a dupe for Chanel Paradoxal. I can't compare myself since I don't have it, but the consensus is that it's a total, perfect dupe. You can find comparison pics here, here, and here.

Paradoxical Chanel Violet Gray mauve shimmer lacquer

Dusky Mauve certainly is an extraordinary color - in most lights, it varies between a slate gray and purpley mauve creme. But every once in a while, depending on how you look at it, you get a flash of magenta shimmer. It's gorgeous. I'm not generally a huge fan of dark polishes, but this one is special.

Barry M Chanel Paradoxal nail polish dupe

From the pics online that I'd seen, I didn't know how 'hidden' the shimmer really is. Most of the time, it looks just like a purpley-gray creme. But when it hits the light just right, you get the secret shimmer. I really like it, and I've never had a polish like it before.

Rimmell Rimmel Bling Barrym Paradoxical dupe
I did a basecoat, two coats of Dusky Mauve #313, and a coat of Seche Vite - unfortunately the topcoat shrunk HORRIBLY on me, making my brand-new mani look days old. So the next day, I went over them with another set of funky french tips! These are done with Rimmel Lasting Finish 240 'Bling', which is a cooler and more silvery gold than my last set of tips which were much more orangey.

Barry M Dusky Mauve Paradoxal dupe manicure swatch
Barry M Dusky Mauve polish and Accessorize Illusion Pink Spice nail varnish

In the past week I've also tested out another dupeish drugstore polish, Accessorize Pink Spice - which is nearly a dupe for the fabled MAC Bad Fairy! Pics soon :)

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...