Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Red & Gold funky French tips

I told you I'd post my first franken manicure, so here it is...

Barry M Red Wine Nail Paint in sunlight with gold tips


I was already wearing Barry M Red Wine when I was mixing up my frankenpolishes, and when I came up with such a lovely yellow gold, I knew it was a match made in heaven.

Indirect sunlight BM Nail paint red wine and golden funky french tips MUA


I really couldn't wait to try out my eyeshadow-mixed polishes, so I gave myself french tips with sellotape (Scotch tape, for the yanks ;).

Golden French tips over red thumb nail art closeup


It was my first time doing french tips with tape, and it turned out all right. Surprisingly well, anyway - there were a few smudges and they're not totally even, but most of them are okay and from a distance, it looks fabulous. Only the macro on the camera is betraying my smudges.

If you're doing french tips or nail art with tape, just remember one VERY IMPORTANT thing - make sure the tape isn't too sticky! I stuck the tape over my palm a few times before sticking it on my nail, so it doesn't get too sticky and take your polish off.

Glamour mani red and gold metallic glitter tips

Artificial light red gold manicure BarryM Nailpaints


Red Wine is an absolutely fabulous Barry M color, by the way - BM Nail Paints have names and numbers, and Red Wine is np1, for a reason - it's a really nice basic red, bright but on the darkish side, and it looks quite flattering on me.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...