Monday, December 6, 2010

Spreadsheet & Polish stats

At the same time that I swatched all my polish on nail wheels, I also made a basic spreadsheet to keep track of my polish. I know there are a LOT of girls on Makeupalley who do this to keep track of their large polish stashes. My stash isn't unmanageable yet, but in the coming months it may become more and more unruly...

In two months, I've managed to accumulate 41 polishes! (including basecoats and topcoats)

My spreadsheet was organized thusly:
- Position on nail wheel
- Brand
- Line within brand
- Color name
- Texture (is it smooth enough to wear without a topcoat, slightly gritty, or really chunky?)
- Number of coats to opaque
- Finish (creme, glitter, frost, foil, etc)
- Miscellaneous notes (Does it take forever to dry? Is application streaky? Does it tend to separate? It is GORGEOUS with flakies over it? etc...)

So here are some fun stats from my polish collection...
Of my 41 polishes:
9 are so sheer that they're not solid after 4 coats
5 are one-coaters
3 of those one-coaters are Barry M
I own 7 Barry M polishes and 7 Rimmel polishes
My fullest wheels are neutrals and orange/warm pinks, with 8 polishes each
My emptiest wheel is red, with 3!

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...