Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weather mani (newsprint)

Newsprint newspaper manicure skittles yellow blue gray
This is my twist on the newsprint mani that's popped up on several blogs lately. The newsprint idea is super cool, but I wondered if I could take that idea and basically make my own nail decals from newspaper pages.

It worked out fairly well, actually. It was a little time-consuming, but the end result is a lot of fun. This was my first time doing a skittle, so that's really fun too.
Skittles nails skittle mani blue gray grey white polish
First, I painted my nails skittles-style in Barry M 'Grey', Barry M 'Blueberry Ice Cream', and Rimmel Lasting Finish 'Sunshine'. You'll notice in the pictures that two of my nails are actually white... That's because I didn't have a yellow creme on hand, and painted my nails white until I ran down to the shops to pick some yellow polish up. As an aside: Do you have any idea how hard it is to find yellow nail varnish at a drug store? In the entire cosmetics section at Boots, there was only this Rimmel shade and a pastel from Barry M.
Raincloud sunshine nails nail art manicure
I only noticed after painting my yellows that Sunshine isn't a creme at all - in fact it's got a subtle shimmer. For my purposes, though, it works fine.

Then I dipped my nails in vodka, and applied the paper strips to my nail - I'm going to have a tutorial up soon, don't worry. :)
Macro nails nailpolish fun manicure tips
Colorful nail art varnish manicure raindrops
Newsprint nails nail art manicure skittled

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...