Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Eyeko order, hooray!

I got a new order from Eyeko recently. It's small, but it's all good stuff.
Eyeko cosmetics haul pics fat toffee balm pastel polish
I got two polishes, a fat balm, and a jar of Eyeko Cream.* I'm really pleased with them all!
*The cream was free with purchase as part of a promotion, but accidentally got left out of my order. After emailing them, they sent it off straightaway and I ♥ it, but that's why it's not in the pictures.
Eyeko limited edition london nail lacquers Eyeko Rain Eyeko Vintage Eyeko Pastel colors swatches
I got these two cool-toned polishes, Eyeko Vintage and Eyeko Pastel (shown here with Eyeko Rain, the other Eyeko polish in my collection). I was really wavering whether to get Pastel or not, but they sold out of the other ones I wanted, so I ended up getting it and was pleasantly surprised. On the website, it looks really similar to Eyeko Rain, which I already have (and love). After all, they're both light blues. In person, they are COMPLETELY TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Not even close. Here, look at the nail wheels.
Eyeko blue Rain Pastel comparison hidden shimmer chanel riva
Rain is grey-tinged, with hidden shimmer. Pastel is bright baby blue, with a true blue duochrome shimmer. They're totally different colors, though I can see how they might photograph similarly. Also, Rain is a one-coater dream to apply. Pastel is much more sheer, and would take 3 to 4 coats for full opacity. They're very different beasts.

Vintage is a really awesome polish too, but you'll hear all about it when I do the NOTD post. It's a true greeny turquoise, very pretty indeed. Less opaque than Rain, sadly, but I think I got away with 2 coats.

The fat balm is nice, too. It's Eyeko Fat Balm in toffee, a moisturizing lipstick in a fat little tube. It's meant to have a toffee scent, but it just smells lipsticky to me. It's a browny tan color, and I like it quite a bit. I've worn it several times and it seems to have good staying power.

Eyeko Cream is really versatile -- I'll post a full review soon -- and I'm finding myself using it almost every day. It's not a real skin cream, to be sure, but it's a great highlighter cum cream eyeshadow.

More Eyeko posts to come, as I start using these products!

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...