Saturday, June 16, 2012

The End of Eyeko Polish

No more Eyeko polish - No more Eyeko Cream - No more Pretty London?

Ok, yes, I'm a bit far behind on this news -- I spent the winter in the states and I've been really busy lately with not much time for polish. But it turns out that Eyeko has had a rebrand -- and that rebrand, apparently, has no room for polish in it.

This is so disappointing for me - Eyeko Rain is still a go-to one-coater of mine, but that tiny little bottle will only last so long. I've really enjoyed wearing their Vintage and Pastel polishes, too, and was eager to try more of their polish.

Eyeko products no more nail polish or eyeko cream discontinued


Apparently Eyeko is focusing on the 'eye' in their name* - and only making eye products; eyeliner and mascara. Even their popular Eyeko Cream and Fat Balm lines have been discontinued. On their Facebook Eyeko has said they will consider bringing back the cream, but they are out of the polish business for good.

*Nevermind that their name originally comes from the Japanese personal name 'Aiko'

Eyeko has effectively crossed me entirely out of their customer audience. I don't use eyeliner, and I don't wear black mascara -- they don't offer any shades of brown. It sounds like they are expanding to the US and trying to market themselves as a more upscale brand than they did previously - no more fun cute characters, no more nice cheap prices. Well, thanks to the polish, Eyeko... it was fun while it lasted.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...