Friday, November 26, 2010

Accessorize Pink Spice over pink

Yesterday I had a job interview, so my nails were a rather demure pinky-coral - Max Factor Nailfinity in 'Earth'. I really like the color actually, it's just a little more 'normal' than my other recent manis.

Well I had only had the Max Factor on for a day, so I didn't want to take it off in favor of a new more exciting polish. Instead, I gave it a layer of Acessorize Pink Spice - a near-dupe to MAC Bad Fairy. (You can see some comparisons here)
Accessorize Pink Spice Bad Fairy dupe box shotAccesorise Pink Spice Bad Fairy duochrome glitter polish
By the way, if you're in the UK and looking for this color, don't bother with Accessorize stores - all the ones I've seen have just had a tiny basket of polish in normal colors. My local Superdrug has a whole display of Accessorize cosmetics now, and the duochromes are on a lower shelf apart from the other polishes.

I've had this color on my toes for a while now, and to be honest I wasn't super enthused by it. I was afraid that all that hype was for nothing - sure, it's got a flashy foil finish, but I didn't care for the bright magenta it usually appeared to be.
Accessorize pink glitter foil finish polish
The problem was, of course, that my toenails didn't often see sunlight. In the light, the color plays beautifully and shifts from pink to red to orange in different angles. I'll be honest, I would be happier if it didn't default to magenta, since I don't care for that color on my nails, but the other colors that appear as I move my hands around are worth it.

Even though it's layered (one coat) over a slightly-shimmery pink, it doesn't look any less impressive than the three coats on my toes. In fact, since the glitter has more space to reflect upon itself, it actually looks a lot better than my pedi does. I'm definitely going to use it this way in the future, layered over other polishes, to maximize sparkle and prevent VNL.
Accessorize red orange yellow pink foil finish polish
Glitter foil finish duochrome multicolored nail varnish Pink Spice
It's definitely flashy, and not at all demure. Not for the faint of heart... gorgeous, but I certainly won't be wearing it all the time. At any rate, I've fallen hard for duochromes. Have to look for more - there are a couple other in the Accessorize line, so I might pick those up as well. One is dupeish for Orly Space Cadet.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...