Saturday, December 18, 2010

Flip-flop polka dots

I messed up my previous mani while frankening, unfortunately, so I had to put on a new one. This time, I decided to do the same idea in reverse - instead of blue with brown spots, this time it's brown with blue spots. I don't love this one as much as the other one, but it's still cute.
Fun funky nail polish art spots dots blue on brown
I started with a coat of Astor Diamant Sensation, color 981. I originally bought this for use as an underwear polish, because in the bottle it literally looks like liquid foundation. Unfortunately it's too dark for me. It's holding a strange middle ground on me; too dark for 'mannequin hands' but too light to be a trendy taupe. I don't love it. It's also wearing really quickly.
Astor Rimmel Diamant Sensation 981 tan underwear mannequin hands
Nailart make your own dotting manicure tool brow
Anyway, same business as before - I used a bobby pin in lieu of a dotting tool and applied unevenly sized dots. I made sure to let the dots dry enough before applying topcoat, because I had a little bit of dragging before.
Tan and baby blue spots nailpolish manicure
These photos aren't as true to color as I'd like, unfortunately - for some reason, the Astor didn't want to photograph right. It's lighter than shown here in reality.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...