Friday, December 10, 2010

Sweet Nothings - a beautiful whisper over dark polish

Just one day after applying Barry M Red Black, I was itching for something new, so I refreshed it with a really incredible layering polish I just got.
Barry M Nail paints red black layered with sheer Revlon blue shimmer glitter Sweet Nothings
It's part of the Revlon Sweet Nothings collection, and I got it on a web store called Blush1, one of those many stores that offer dc'd/overstock drugstore cosmetics at discount prices. Now that I've received this one, I'm really contemplating going back and ordering the rest of the collection as well.

(By the way - I have to recommend Blush1 to you - the shipping was AMAZINGLY fast. My stuff was well packaged too, and, well, cheap :D)
Sliver flecks of glitter in microglitter shimmer duochrome layering polish
This one goes by the name of Rendez-blue. By itself, it's a super-sheer blue shimmer with silver microglitter that flashes pink. Here it is on the nail wheel, and you can see it's still sheer after 3 coats.
Revlon Sweet Nothings Rendez Blue Swatch Nail Wheel
It is, of course, meant for layering. I put it over Barry M Red Black (dupe or dupeish for Chanel Rouge Noir, naturalement) and it's gorg! The tiny silver glitter really pops, and while the duochrome effect isn't as dramatic, it's still there. The shimmer, glitter, and duochrome add incredible depth to what was once merely a creme, yet somehow aren't the least bit over the top.
Nail polish layering experiment sheer blue duochrome over red
I'm really excited to try this over other polishes, as well as try the other Sweet Nothings - Barely Blush, Lilac Lingerie, Nude Nightie, Please Me Pink, and Satin Sheets - at £2.00 a bottle, why not?!
Frosty red black blue nail varnish manicure
Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...