Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blue Christmas

I got two polishes as gifts this Christmas, and they're the first polishes I've gotten in several weeks since I've been on a no-buy for most of December. They were from two different people but, by coincidence, both blue. So what better way to show them off than to wear them together?
Bright blue nail polish swatches
The first is Avon Nailwear Pro in Splendid Blue. And how splendid it is! It's a deep blue shot with blue, purple, and aqua glitter. It doesn't feel chunky at all. It really packs a punch when it hits the light.
Avon nailwear pro splendid blue christmas glitter sparkle nail varnish
It was also a one-coater, which is great and surprising for a glitter polish like this. It's totally opaque.
Barry M cobalt blue avon splendid blue nail polish swatches
The second is Barry M Nail Paint in Cobalt. This wouldn't be something I would buy for myself, but now that I have it, I like it. It dries a bit darker than the bottle. Application is to the same high standard of my other Barry M polishes, a nice thick one-coater. I did get some bubbling unfortunately.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...