Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas shopping haul...

So I went and did some Christmas shopping the other day, and came out with quite a few goodies for myself! Ooops. Oh well, at least I have all my Christmas shopping done before the first week of December is out. That's handy. Here's what I got for myself... (pics got eaten by camera... I will get them soon!)

At TK Maxx, there is (or was) a selection of Nails Inc gift sets. The one I got was 4 polishes for £15 - which is an incredible deal considering they retail for upwards of £10!! I don't love all the colors, but I do love two and the other two are growing on me. I might put one or two up for swap, but I'm definitely keeping Duke Street (lavender) and Clarges Street (red). Maple Place (blue purple) is interesting but I'm not sure how well it will work with my skin tone. I fear Harriet Walk (teal) will be too dark for me - we shall see. I swatched the colors on the nail wheel, and all except Maple Place look to be one-coaters.

Then I went into Superdrug. Originally I just wanted to pick up Accessorize Aztec, but they had a 3 for 2 promo going on so I also got GOSH in Green Dragon and Holographic - both these colors are stunners. And, for some reason, this Sally Hansen Diamond Strength polish, Royal Romance, was 99p. So I picked that up as well. A little boring, but who can resist?

I have one more online order coming soon (the rest of those Revlon Sweet Nothings duochrome layering polishes), and after that I have decided to go no-buy until after Christmas. I have way too many untrieds now, and I need to work through those, even though the pull of the pretties is strong.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...