Friday, July 22, 2011

GREEN NUBBIN MONSTER (notd: Don't Mess With OPI)

So, actually, this is my first time using OPI. That's because I only got into polish since moving to the UK, and I'm simply not prepared to spend £10.99 on a single bottle of polish. Not going to happen. $8 is a much more reasonable price. So, while I was visiting the states, I picked this up.
Don't mess with Texas OPI nail varnish
OPI - Don't Mess With OPI, from the Texas collection, is a color I've been eyeing since it was released. I adore this green. It's very medium - not too bright, not too dark, slightly leaning blue. I really like it.

Opening the bottle, my first thought was: Whoa. The OPI brush is huge, a welcome change from the dinky little Essie brush. It's even bigger than the Rimmel 60 seconds brushes, which specifically advertise that they're big enough to do a nail in one stroke (a pinky, maybe).
OPI vernis ulta OPI Texas Collection
So, how was my first time? Okay, but nothing awesome. I guess I sort of expected that OPI, being the biggest name in polish, would be a brand of all one-coaters. I suppose they can't all be one-coaters, but I dunno, OPI is the standard, but my first coat came out hopelessly streaky. After the second coat, we were golden. (Actually, my middle finger came out a tiny bit streaky... that's my fault, not the polish's).


Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...