Sunday, October 9, 2011

Always wear underwear - Stretch the life of sheer polish

Of course you should always wear underwear. But do you go commando on your nails? If you wear a lot of sheer polishes, you should consider wearing underwear polish.

Underwear polish is a neutral-colored polish you wear underneath your colored polish. It could be white or a nude color to suit your skin tone. The idea is, instead of needing to use 4 coats of sheer polish to get your desired opacity, you'd only need one coat of underwear and 2 coats of polish (for example). That way, you use less of your polish and it lasts longer.
Eyeko Vintage sheer turquoise victorian polish over white
I did a test run of underwear when I recently put on Eyeko Vintage. I love this sweet turquoise color, but it takes 3 or even 4 coats to get a good opacity. And Eyeko polish comes in these cute tiny little bottles, with every color being limited edition - so my bottle of Vintage is running out fast.

I chose a white underwear polish, to emphasize the brightness of the turquoise. It's Rimmel Lasting Finish 085 Chalk White, a basic white creme. I applied basecoat, then two coats of Rimmel Chalk White, then two coats of Eyeko Vintage.
Sheer polish layering green blue on white Eyeko London
I'm pretty pleased with the results. (I would be more so, if my application were better!) The white base keeps the colors nice and bright, and after two coats the Eyeko isn't very streaky. There is no VNL (visible nail line) to be seen, because of the opaque white underneath. The thin layers of sheer polish lend a bit of a squishy jelly kind of look, even though it's a creme.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...