Saturday, December 11, 2010

Topcoat challenge day 1

I have two sets of pictures for the first 24 hours of wear - one the morning after I painted my nails, and one after a full day.

In the morning, I woke up an examined my nails -
Topcoat comparison nail wear test first day after manicure
I found that all of my nails looked about the same as they did the night before, with two exceptions. There was a tiny amount of shrinkage on the Seche Vite nails. More distressingly, however, my left pinky and right middle finger - the bargain-bin Allura topcoat - had become practically matte, and looked textured rather than smooth. Either that polish is extremely slow-drying and I made impressions on it in my sleep, or the shine wore away overnight.

Currently, the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth quick dry and the Seche are shiniest. The rest (except Allura) are still shiny, but not as much as those two.

Here's how my nails looked 24 hours after I painted them:

There's some minor tipwear all around, in addition to the shrinkage from the Seche. I purposely didn't wrap my tips for this test, because I wanted to see how each topcoat would wear naturally. The nails with Allura look a mess upon close examination - not smooth at all.

I'll check in again in a few days, though I think I'm already noticing the differences between these topcoats.

Topcoat Test Introduction
--
Days 2 & 3
Day 4 and final results


Nailgirl

1 comment:

  1. I always get horrible tip wear with Seche Vite, so it's interesting to see these top coat comparisons. Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see what happens in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...