Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fyrinnae (Fyri-who?)

So this is a funny little post... not a haul post, but a post in anticipation of a haul.

Have you heard about Fyrinnae? I hadn't, until recently, but if you're more beauty-savvy than I am, you might have. They're a tiny (two-man) indie makeup outfit, focusing on eyeshadow. They also offer blush, primer, finishing powder, and lip stuff.

So I read a raving review of this company on one blog, and decided to check it out. I googled around, finding nothing but really really positive reviews. I haven't submitted my order YET, but I've got a full cart, and this seems like a company really striving with all its might to please the customers. Their blog gives a human face to the company, explaining how they've reformulated products to make them better, or why orders are processing slowly (they have a queue of over 500 orders, and the essentially make the products to order!!).

They have an amazing shipping policy (shipping is no higher than $3 in the US or $4 internationally) which seems to be really losing them money. Their products are at a really decent pricepoint for quality handmade cosmetics (really unique ones at that), and they're still willing to go the extra mile to treat their customers. They're literally swamped with orders, and they probably should raise their prices, and the overall impression I get is that they're just really decent people working very very hard.

So do I feel a twinge of guilt, filling up my cart, piling another order onto their heaping queue? Yeah kind of... International orders are currently capped at $50, due to the effort of filling out customs forms, and my order is just slipping through at $46. But I'm suuuuper excited for this stuff, even though it'll probably take upwards of a month to get.

Some of the unique products I'm getting:
Pixie Epoxy - this is the one product I've heard the most about. It's not an eye primer, but something of a 'glue' for your eyeshadow. You put it on over your primer, and it sticks your eyeshadow on and gives the look of wet application though dry. I've heard so much good stuff about this.
Arcane Magic eyeshadow - These are legit, color-changing eyeshadows. Not even duochrome, but true color-change. As it gets closer to a source of artificial light, it changes in shade. I'll tell you more about these when I get them.
Lip Lustres - Not a lipstick, not a gloss, but some kind of dry lip stain. I'll tell you I'm not entirely clear, other than the fact it's totally unique. Looking forward to these.
...I'm also getting a few other variously-colored eyeshadows, because they have dozens of incredible, pigmented shades. Do yourself a favor and google Fyrinnae, and let the lemmings wash over you.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...