Sunday, January 16, 2011

Notd: YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW (Rimmel Sunshine)

Sunny hot yellow nails neon hidden shimmer
Sometimes, even if you don't think you want to, even if yellow totally does not suit your skin tone, even if you've never done it before... you need some bright yellow polish to cheer you up.

This wasn't strictly an untried - I've used it before in my weather newsprint manicure - but I've never had a whole manicure in it.
Rimmel I Heart lasting finish sunshine yellow
Now it's true, this yellow looks pretty awful on me. And it's from Rimmmel's "I <3 Lasting Finish" line, the cheapie polishes aimed at preteens - the color is called Sunshine. But I still love it. It's a true yellow, no orange or green undertones, and it's a beautiful creme with hidden shimmer. I had NO IDEA there was shimmer when I bought the bottle, but it's really neat.

As far as application goes it was surprisingly good. One coat is unbearably streaky but two is almost perfect. If I were in less of a hurry when I was doing this mani, it would have looked much better - there are still streaks on some of my nails.
Yellow nail notd nail polish rimmel london
When you want yellow, sometimes you gotta have yellow. And this is a good yellow in my book.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...