Monday, January 10, 2011

NOTNY: GOSH Holographic

So it isn't the most original New Year's Eve mani, but it's still impressive.
Holo nail polish tronica futuristic cool gosh
This is GOSH Holographic, and boy am I glad I managed to grab a bottle at Superdrug. It is so COOL. It was a huge pain to apply, but even with all that I messed it up, it still looks awesome.
Holiday themed nails New Year's Eve manicure gosh holo
The problem with this polish is that you can't overlap the brush anywhere, or the polish will drag. Eventually I developed a method of fanning out the brush on my nail, to get the polish on in as few strokes as possible - 1 or 2. My nails look decent so long as you don't examine them too close.
NYE rainbow holo silver flashy nails
This was basecoat, a layer of some Rimmel white-out white polish to prevent VNL, and two coats of GOSH holo - no topcoat! Because I've heard that topcoat reduces the holo effect. It's just for one night, anyway.
Gosh holographic hologram holo nail swatch
My nails chipped like mad the entire night and by the next morning, they were a mess. Holo polishes are seriously cool, but probably mainly for special occasions.
GOSH UK Holographic nail varnish silver
Oooo rainbows!

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...