Saturday, January 8, 2011

LUSH Porridge soap review

Okay, so this isn't nail polish... it isn't even technically makeup. But I know a lot of nailboarders LOVE Lush's Lemony Flutter cuticle cream. Unfortunately that wasn't in stock when I went to Lush, but I picked up some Xmas prezzies and also a bar of soap for myself.

I'll be honest, I'm not really in love with most LUSH scents. They're really overpowering, and smell a bit off to me. Just not what I'm in to. But when I found this Porridge soap, it was love at first sniff.

It's hard to describe this soap's scent perfectly, except that it smells exactly like South Beach Diet Cinnamon Raisin bars... a snack which I sorely miss from home. It's intensely sweet, and cinnamony. It doesn't really smell like porridge, because if porridge (oatmeal) tasted like this I would eat it for every meal of every day.
LUSH porridge cinnamon oatmeal scented soap exfoliating scrub handmade
My bar of LUSH Porridge soap, after about two weeks of use (and right after a bath!)


So, on to the soap. It smells great, and it's got tons of little bits of oatmeal embedded inside for maximum scrubby power. I love a good exfoliating soap, so this is great for me. The only problem is that the soap base itself is very soft. Even while dry, it will start rubbing off onto your fingers as you're holding it. As such, this bar isn't going to last me very long. In water, it just melts away.

Another problem, which I wasn't expecting at all, is that this soap stains. The bar is a rather neutral, oatmealy tan. You wouldn't expect it to have a lot of dye in it. But I got put in the doghouse with my bf's mother because I accidentally stained her new grouting brown! So make sure you use a soap dish for this.

On the whole, I like this. The scent is AMAZING, it scrubs well, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling 'tacky' like many soaps do. I'll probably buy it again, but I do wish that the soap weren't so soft and that it didn't turn everything brown.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...