Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Why I polish

Not too long ago, I was not huge into polish. Really, I wasn't very much into makeup at all. I have a makeup bag, a small one, but I don't put makeup on every day. I'm not one of those girls who can't go out without their "face" on. I'll slap on some tinted moisturizer and mascara and a little eyeshadow if I want to look polished, but unless it's a special occasion, I never do much beyond that.

So, then, why do I love nail polish?

Actually, it's for similar reasons that I love brightly-colored socks. Socks don't have to match an outfit, really, and you can wear socks in any color you like. Would I go out wearing a bright fuchsia dress? Never! But I have socks in day-glo orange, bright purple, shocking green... And nails are like that, too. It can add just a touch of funky to an otherwise drab ensemble. You can go crazy with them, and it doesn't seem that weird.

I love color. I love the way colors go together and mix, and I love how looking at a bright sunny yellow or electric blue can cheer me up. That's why I love nail polish. I have nail polish that's holographic, that changes colors with the light or with temperature, I have polish in colors I could never normally get away with wearing. It's playful. It's fun. It comes off whenever you want to change it. It's a little bit of pampering. That's why I love nails!

Nailgirl

1 comment:

  1. Aw yeah!! :D Nail polish is so much fun!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...