Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Little Pony: Friendship is Manicures - Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash saluting in front of the American flag

Rainbow Dash is a much-loved pony due to her strong personality and the fact that she's just, well, awesome. How do I do her justice in nail polish? It had to be bright, bold, and exciting...
My little pony funky french manicure nail polish
I started with basecoat and one coat of Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream - a nice sky blue. Then, I put a coat of Eyeko Pastel over it - which is more turquoise, with duochrome shimmer. It's an amazing color, but unfortunately not very opaque. One coat over the Blueberry Ice Cream gave it just a little oomph - it looked streaky during application, but after drying it came out fine.
Barry M Eyeko rainbow coloured nails varnish
I gave the blue plenty of time to dry, then started on my rainbow funky french. I only have five fingers, and there are six/seven rainbow colors, so sadly I had to kick Orange out of the party. For red, I used Barry M Red Wine. For yellow, it was Rimmel Lasting Finish Sunshine. Green was OPI Don't Mess with OPI from the Texas collection. Blue was Barry M Cobalt Blue, a fantastic true blue. And purple was Nails Inc Maple Place.
Rainbowdash RBD Rainbow Dash inspired my little pony friendship is magic mlpfim nails
A generous layer of quick-dry top coat, and my mani was complete. This is one of my favorite funky frenches - truly living up to the 'funky' name. Not for the timid, but Rainbow Dash isn't what you'd call timid.

Nailgirl

1 comment:

  1. YAY nail polish AND My Little Pony! Awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...