Thursday, January 6, 2011

NOTD: Nails Inc Duke Street

The second of my four Nails Inc polishes is Duke Street. This is a dusty lavender, and I really really adore it. I wish I could capture this color, but the camera either wants it to look muddy gray or blue purple. It feels so incredibly chic - a middle ground between the gray/greige trend and Paradoxal/Perplex/etc.
Purple Gray Nails Inc London Duke Street
(if you're wondering, by the way - I checked on my nail wheel, and my Paradoxal dupe is WAY darker than this. They're only similar in the fact that they're both greyed purples.)

I can't pull off many purples, but this one is really a joy to wear. It just feels fabulous. It's just a creme, but I kept staring at my nails. This is going to be one of my standard colors, I can tell.
Clarges St London Nails purple gray greige lavender
The formula felt the same as Clarges Street - it's quite thick; application was easy and went on with one coat (though a little patchy on this one; I had to fiddle with it); and then it went and started wearing like tissue paper. I left this one on for three days and by the end of the third day, my right hand was a mess of chips and worn tips. It was really sad, because I WOULD have left this on for four or five days if it had worn well. I even wrapped my tips.

I'll be putting this on again for sure. I really like this color. In fact, I may be on the lookout for a better-wearing dupe of it.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...