Friday, January 28, 2011

Too lazy to remove hex glitter polish?

Hex glitter. It's beautiful, flashy, different. When you wear it, your nails get noticed - and that's great! But all good things come to an end, and when it comes time to remove that chunky glitter... It isn't fun.

In fact, when I tried to remove my Christmas manicure, my acetone-based nail polish remover ate through two thick layers of Seche Vite, three layers of polish, and a basecoat... leaving nothing but the glitter behind. It removed everything around the glitter, but couldn't remove the glitter itself.
Trouble removing chunky glitter nail polish tutorial hints mani tips
Awful, right? There are methods for getting rid of these glitters, but this time I decided to just roll with it. What's the harm, I figured, in wearing these glitters another day? So here's what I did.
Layering sheer nail varnish over chunky hexagon glitter
I took my absolute favorite layering polish, Revlon Sweet Nothings in Satin Sheets, and put two layers over the glitter. The result was a milky white base filled with golden flakie-ish glitter, and chunks of gold hex glitter buried underneath. In passing you could mistake them for naked nails, but then the hex glitter catches your eye, and you look at it, and you see the delicate play of even more glitter...
Mini flakies sheer white revlon sweet nothings polish over lipman hexagonal glitters
For something I just slapped on because I was too lazy to scrub the glitter away, I think this was a very cool outcome. I'd do it again.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...